A Brief Overview of the 35 Diablo 3 Improvements from Bashiok
This Friday, Bashiok, the head of the Blizzard community team spent time to write a huge post regarding the current user feedback, addressing possible future changes to the game. 35 player concerns received an answer.
To be mentioned, not all concerns will get honored in the near future. We will list all the points that will addressed in future patches.
- In the future, Blizzard will be implementing a possible way to warn players when their Nehalem Valor stacks are about to run out.
- The Auction House will get a “Buyout Only” search filter in patch 1.0.3
- The dev team is working to make the UI windows movable and resizable. However, there are some technical challenges that will make this change difficult to implement.
- Fonts size of the chat window will be adjustable in patch 1.0.3
- Wizards will get a buff icon for Magic Weapon in the next patch.
- Blizzard is working on a way to preserve the Nehalem stacks when users disconnect.
- Player followers will automatically rejoin the player when he starts a single player game. This will be implemented in the future.
- In the next patch, items can be sold without being repaired. The buyer will get them repaired automatically and for free.
- Pets and minions will receive an AI improvement so that they will attack the most vulnerable target first.
- The next patch will bring some social window improvements including the difficulty the friends are playing in, who they are in party with and several other features.
- Blizz will look at a possibility of making only friends to be able to autojoin an open Diablo 3 game.
- The devs are considering to add a “smart” options to the potions so that they can be consumed automatically in certain situations.
- It seems that Blizzard is thinking for some time now to develop a way to save builds so that the user can swap between them easier without memorizing all of them.
- In the future, players will get to create their own private chat channels.
- Companion conversations will have an option to be disabled for the ones that are annoyed by them.
- Followers will get some AI tweaks so that they won’t pull by themselves packs of elite and rare monsters that can end up with an unnecessary death.
The other 19 questions that got an answer from Bashiok were either referring to changes that are unnecessary as the game already provides those features and functionality. See the full list here.
Other concerns were just pointing out aspects of the game that caused discontent for elitist gamers such as more statistical data for cooldowns, damage numbers and so on. The other 16 questions that got an answer made the community feel that Blizzard finally started to listen to them to improve the game and make it the great experience that it was supposed to be in the first place.
- diablo 3 best way to find bashiok