Monk Sweeping Wind Creates a Destructive Vortex Around you
Monk Sweeping Wind is a Technique that unlocks at level 21.
It costs 75 spirit and has no cooldown. Sweeping Wind is a vortex that surrounds the Monk.
It lasts for 6 seconds and deals 15% of the monk’s weapon damage to enemies within 10 yards, and refreshes each time the monk strikes the enemy using a melee attack.
Monk Sweeping Wind with Runestones
The vortex also has a chance to deal an additional 15% of the weapon damage whenever the monk lands a critical hit. This effect can stack up to two times, causing the vortex to deal up to 45% of the monk’s weapon damage.
Cause of its high spirit cost, the monk may want to try to keep Sweeping Wind up as long as they can. This skill is most effective when the monk is surrounded by a mob, ensuring an abundance of targets for the Diablo 3 Monk to strike.
Skill Design thanks to Diablowiki
During the beta, all the skills previously known as combos were simplified down so much that only three of them (Fists of Thunder, Deadly Reach, and Crippling Wave) still contain any semblance of combo functionality. These three skills now provide simply an additional effect on every third strike, while the others (Way of the Hundred Fists, Exploding Palm, and Sweeping Wind) now have a single function on every strike. Combos previously consisted of: the normal spell attack on the first strike; a stronger attack on the second; and on the third, an even stronger attack coupled with an additional effect.
Fists of Thunder and Way of the Hundred Fists are good melee skills to pair with Sweeping Wind, as they are also spirit generators.
Master of Wind – unlocks at level 27. This rune causes the vortex to last for an additional four seconds, giving it more time to deal damage to surrounding enemies.
Blade Storm – unlocks at level 33 Increases the vortex’ damage to 20% of the monk’s weapon damage. If the monk lands a critical hit, there is a chance for the vortex to deal an additional 20% of the weapon damage. This effect can stack up to two times, causing the vortex to deal up to 60% of the monk’s weapon damage. Basically, this rune increases the effects of Sweeping Wind’s vortex.
Fire Storm – unlocks at level 38 This rune increases the radius of the damage caused by the vortex by four yards, and causes it to deal fire damage.
Inner Storm – unlocks at level 46 While the vortex effect is at its maximum stack count, the monk gains three spirit per second.
Cyclone – unlocks at level 56 If the monk lands a critical hit while the vortex effect is at its maximum stack count, there is a chance for the vortex to create a lightning tornado. This tornado lasts for three seconds and damages nearby enemies for 20% of the monk’s weapon damage.
Cyclone Strike is always good to pair with any skill that is most effective with a mob. It pulls all enemies within 24 yards towards the monk.
Mystic Ally – The Air Ally rune causes the Mystic Ally to be surrounded by its own vortex. Not only is it an awesome sight, but Air Ally gives the Mystic Ally a 2% chance to give the monk 100 spirit points every time the ally makes an attack.
- destructive wind vortex
- monk sweeping wind
- spirituality how to stop a destructive dangerous wind vortex in yard
- monk vortex diablo 3
- what weapon should a sweeping wind monk use D3?